Introduction to Drilling Engineering and Operations
One event on October 8, 2019 at 9:00 am
One event on December 9, 2019 at 9:00 am
The 2-day course shall provide a simple way of understanding the operations and terminology used in drilling and completion of the oil or gas well. It is intended for non-drilling personnel who are involved with the drilling industry or oil and gas industry in general.
This includes technical and non-technical professionals such as contractors providing services for drilling operations, administrative and support staff, environmental professionals and others who are interested to have an overview of the Drilling Engineering.
No prior experience or knowledge of the drilling operations and technical is required. The course shall provide participants with better understanding of the various issues that a Drilling Engineer has to handle in daily operations.
Who Should Attend
People who work closely with or provide services to the Drilling Engineers:
• Other Engineering Disciplines in a Project
• Project Manager and Project Engineer
• Project Planner
• Cost Controller
• Document Controller
• Accountant / Finance
• Contractors/Service Providers for Drilling Operations
• Procurement & Contracts Analyst
• Able to make better decision. Each individual in a team must be able to make decision within their work areas.
Understanding work beyond their areas will help them to make better and more informed decision.
• Better interaction between team members. It is important for members in the team to be able to understand each other and able to communicate more effectively to ensure the success of the team.
• Better work performance. When the members understand each other, they can work better to achieve the
project/organization goals. It will increase their work performance and working ensuring environment with minimal stress.
Ir. Razak Yakob is a Drilling Engineering Consultant and a part time Lecturer for Petroleum Engineering. Razak has been in the oil and gas industry for more than 20 years, working for various multi-national and local
His core expertise is in Drilling Engineering with the working experiences spanning from development and exploration, technical support, training, competency development, finance and consultancy.
Razak is a Professional Engineer with Practicing Certificate and an IEM Council Member. He is also Secetary/Treasurer for the Oil, Gas and Mining Technical Division.Download Brochure